Celebrating 61 years of continuous service providing valuation and identification information for professionals engaged in the buying, selling, financing and underwriting of boats.
The updated offerings on the Web (ABOS.com), CD and print contain more than 360,000 boats, motors and trailers with more than one million price adjustments to reflect the latest market conditions.
We continuously monitor all market forces that affect boat sales and the value boating consumers have recently placed on certain year/make/model. Sales have dropped so precipitously and distress sales abound, so when examining our sales reports, we have been reading between the lines so we don’t over-react to the existing market and somehow contribute to its recent undoing. We are not going to average a few repossession sales and call that the market. The condition of many distress-sale boats is not representative of the average and is considered outside the norm for our purposes.
This drop in new sales has been dramatic and unprecedented. I remember the early ’80s when interest rates were 16% and the market collapsed as well, however, this drop has been steeper. It appears that volatility is the new norm regarding boat values. To better address the new norm, we created an online product whereby values can be adjusted more efficiently than print or CD. The updates will be at minimum three times a year and more often if needed to stay market reflective.
Features and Benefits
Your ABOS.com subscription includes full access to the following features:
- Determine values for over 360,000 boats, motors and trailers, providing the broadest range of boat valuations available anywhere.
- Powerful search capabilities that let you find boats, motors and trailers quickly and easily by category, manufacturer name or model name.
- Robust program allows you to build and save inventory in one place so you can make smart investment decisions.
- Ability to email or fax your inventory quote directly to your bank for loan approval.
- Instant online access from any web browser including some mobile web devices.
- Regular updates three times per year so you always access the most current and dependable values.
- Adjust values based on condition to meet your particular valuation needs.
- Convenient exportable and print-ready reports allow you to keep hard copies for your records.
- Access to historic values.
If you have any questions or comments please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.